“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones that you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”  . . . . Mark Twain

Financial Aid & Scholarships


Financial Aid Available for Study Abroad:


FC Financial Aid advisor, Jose Alacraz, can help you with your Study Abroad financial aid questions. Email him at: JAlcaraz@fullcoll.edu

Note: All Financial Aid for our Study Abroad Programs comes from Fullerton College. If you are a student who is receiving financial aid from a school other than Fullerton College. You must switch your primary school to Fullerton on your FAFSA form the semester before you leave.

G.I. Bill Information, contact:

The Gilman Scholarship:

Financing Study Abroad:

For Information Purposes Only: Students are responsible for their own financing.

  • Step One: Make a budget. How much money are you going to need?
  • Step Two: Go to Financial Aid office and see how much money is available for a summer or spring program
  • Step Three: Look for Scholarships

Pell Grant Recipient:

The Gilman Scholarship is the largest Study Abroad scholarship out there. If you are a Pell Grant Recipient you can apply for the Gilman Scholarship and receive up to $5,000. If you are interested in learning more about applying for the Gilman Scholarship, contact the Study Abroad Coordinator, Angela Henderson at ahenderson@fullcoll.edu.


Fullerton College and Cypress College Foundation

The Fullerton College and Cypress College Foundation offer scholarships and grants to help students pay for school. There are hundreds of opportunities to help pay for college. To get one, you must apply!


Presentation Resources:

  1. FUNDING MY STUDY ABROAD TRIP PPT – (Click to download/view)

 Scholarship Resources:

http://www.studyabroad.com/scholarships.aspx Over 145 links to scholarships applicable to study abroad
http://www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program Open to students who are Pell Grant eligible
http://www.diversitynetwork.org/scholarships $500 scholarships for US students studying abroad with member institutions
http://www.studyabroadfunding.org/index.asp A search database for study abroad scholarships
https://www.scholarships.com/scholarship-search.aspx A search database for college scholarships
http://www.studentscholarships.org/ The largest scholarship search database on the internet
http://www.internationalscholarships.com/ A search database for study abroad scholarships
http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/ A student guide to financial aid and scholarships
http://www.fastweb.com/college-scholarships A student guide to financial aid and scholarships