“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones that you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” . . . . Mark Twain
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial Aid Available for Study Abroad:
- FC Financial Aid Office
- In Person: Building 100, First Floor
- By Phone: (714) 992-7091
FC Financial Aid advisor, Jose Alacraz, can help you with your Study Abroad financial aid questions. Email him at: JAlcaraz@fullcoll.edu
Note: All Financial Aid for our Study Abroad Programs comes from Fullerton College. If you are a student who is receiving financial aid from a school other than Fullerton College. You must switch your primary school to Fullerton on your FAFSA form the semester before you leave.
G.I. Bill Information, contact:
- The Veterans’ Resource Center
- In Person: FC/Room 518
- By Phone: (714) 992-7102
The Gilman Scholarship:
- See this PRESENTATION about applying for the Gilman Scholarship
- The Gilman Scholarship is the largest Study Abroad scholarship out there.
Financing Study Abroad:
For Information Purposes Only: Students are responsible for their own financing.
- Step One: Make a budget. How much money are you going to need?
- Step Two: Go to Financial Aid office and see how much money is available for a summer or spring program
- Step Three: Look for Scholarships
- General Websites:
- Step Four: Consider using Crowdfunding sites, such as generosity.com or facebook.com
- Step Five: Look for other sources of money
- General Websites:
- Your religious, fraternal, and civic organizations.
- Your family, friends, co-workers
- Your Employer
- Employers with offices in the country attending
Pell Grant Recipient:
The Gilman Scholarship is the largest Study Abroad scholarship out there. If you are a Pell Grant Recipient you can apply for the Gilman Scholarship and receive up to $5,000. If you are interested in learning more about applying for the Gilman Scholarship, contact the Study Abroad Coordinator, Angela Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fullerton College and Cypress College Foundation
The Fullerton College and Cypress College Foundation offer scholarships and grants to help students pay for school. There are hundreds of opportunities to help pay for college. To get one, you must apply!
• http://www.studyabroad.com/scholarships.aspx Over 145 links to scholarships applicable to study abroad
• http://www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program Open to students who are Pell Grant eligible
• http://www.diversitynetwork.org/scholarships $500 scholarships for US students studying abroad with member institutions
• http://www.studyabroadfunding.org/index.asp A search database for study abroad scholarships
• https://www.scholarships.com/scholarship-search.aspx A search database for college scholarships
• http://www.studentscholarships.org/ The largest scholarship search database on the internet
• http://www.internationalscholarships.com/ A search database for study abroad scholarships
• http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/ A student guide to financial aid and scholarships
• http://www.fastweb.com/college-scholarships A student guide to financial aid and scholarships