1. What are the basic requirements to be a Study Abroad student?
- You must have completed English 100 or equivalent with a grade of “C” or better before you apply.
- You must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 at the time you apply.
- You must have completed 12 units of college credit before you apply.
- You must be at least 18 years of age at the beginning of the program.
2. What is involved in the application process?
- Forms and deposit
- Interview: Students with completed applications will be contacted for a personal interview.
- Selection Process:A selection committee will meet to review each application, transcripts, and interview report.
- Deadline: See specific programs for their due dates.
The Study Abroad Program has a limited enrollment.
Please submit your materials as soon as possible.
- All students, please send or deliver all application materials directly to:
Library, Room 823
321 E. Chapman Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92832-2095
3. What expenses can a Study Abroad student be expected to have?
The following expenses are the responsibility of the student:
- The total amount of the program cost, as listed in the vendor’s contract.
This amount includes airfare, housing, and excursions.
- Tuition and books.
- The North Orange County Community College District requires students in its Study Abroad Program to obtain additional insurance. Cost to the student has been around $150.
- Food and miscellaneous expenses while on site.
- Personal travel not included in the contract.
4. Where do I take the passport photos?
- You can download the app, Passport Photo Booth App, and print them much cheaper than what your local drugstore will charge (about $13 for two photos). It costs about .50 cents to print the photos using the app.
- Some places you can get them at are: your local drugstore, Costco, Post Office, UPS, etc.